Our mission is to protect an environmentally and economically sustainable future of the Skykomish River Valley.
WHAT WE DO:
- EDUCATE the public and decision makers on key environmental and land use issues that define the character of the Skykomish River Valley.
- ENGAGE citizen participation so our collective voice is heard.
- ADVOCATE and, when necessary, use legal tools to ensure that environmental laws and regulations are followed.
- PROMOTE healthy sustainable economy and sustainable recreational and tourist industry in the Skykomish Valley.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- SVENA empowers a community voice through our core values, engaging citizens and tenaciously advocating for a shared vision of place.
- SVENA recognizes the importance of maintaining the integrity and interdependence of natural systems, recognizing the critically important coexistence of watersheds, wildlife populations, ecosystems, airsheds and human communities.
- SVENA honors diverse viewpoints through listening to others, embracing different perspectives, allowing for disagreement and transcending polarity.
- SVENA values the utmost integrity, and is constantly striving toward increasing competence, accuracy, accountability, and honesty.
- SVENA recognizes the intrinsic economic value to local citizens of sustainable land use and sustainable recreational uses of the Skykomish Valley.