Our mission is to protect an environmentally and economically sustainable future of the Skykomish River Valley.
WHAT WE DO:
- EDUCATE the public and decision makers on key environmental and land use issues that define the character of the Skykomish River Valley.
- ENGAGE citizen participation so our collective voice is heard.
- ADVOCATE and, when necessary, use legal tools to ensure that environmental laws and regulations are followed.
- PROMOTE healthy sustainable economy and sustainable recreational and tourist industry in the Skykomish Valley.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- SVENA empowers a community voice through our core values, engaging citizens and tenaciously advocating for a shared vision of place.
- SVENA recognizes the importance of maintaining the integrity and interdependence of natural systems, recognizing the critically important coexistence of watersheds, wildlife populations, ecosystems, airsheds and human communities.
- SVENA honors diverse viewpoints through listening to others, embracing different perspectives, allowing for disagreement and transcending polarity.
- SVENA values the utmost integrity, and is constantly striving toward increasing competence, accuracy, accountability, and honesty.
- SVENA recognizes the intrinsic economic value to local citizens of sustainable land use and sustainable recreational uses of the Skykomish Valley.
Kimberly Sowa said:
Hello! We are a small group just put together in Thurston county, wa. We are the Summit Lake Alliance. We are in the earlier stages of trying to bring forth scientific information and history to DNR to stop the Delica timber sale from happening. We admire what you are doing and the wealth of knowledge you are sharing is amazing. We have so much at stake out here. Some of the last old growth forest, 96% of residents get there water from this watershed called Summit Lake, the thriving ecosystem and on and on. If you have time or quick advice you could give as we organize our community and stand up against DNR.