Dear Sky Valley Residents,
- Here is a summary for 12-2015 FPAs for Sky Valley https://svena.org/current-projects/fpas/summary-12-2015-fpas/
FPA/N stands for Forest Practice Application/Notification. DNR (WA State Department of Natural Resources) requires that loggers and tree farmers fill out these documents, submit them to the DNR local office and get them approved before they harvest timber, spray chemicals, build or repair forest roads or culverts, thin their plantations, or do other activities. For more information go here.
This information will let you know if there is toxic spraying or logging next to your home that can affect your and your family’s health, safety and value of your property. You can send your comments, concerns, thoughts and protests to the Northwest Region office of DNR email@example.com during 14 days of review process (or after), and also to other officials. See more information in Resources at our website. You need to know your property’s surveying location. You can find it in your property’s surveying papers or at Snohomish County Online Property Information (SCOPI). Our section is 25, then go township and range.
Monroe 25-27-06E and 25-28-06E
Monroe-Sultan 25-27-07E and 25-28-07E
Sultan 25-27-08E and 25-28-08E
Gold Bar 25-27-09E and 25-28-09E
Index 25-27-10E and 25-28-10E
- A workshop titled “DNR’s use of pesticides and herbicides on State property” at the Senate Natural Resources and Parks Committee has been scheduled for January 20, 2016 at 1:30 pm. I am in contact with the Dean of School of Public Health at UW. Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, has several faculty members knowledgeable about pesticide and herbicide toxicity. The Chair of that Department will suggest the most appropriate person to participate in Senator Pearson’s workshop. We will update the website about the location and other details of the workshop.
- LETTER OF PROTEST FOR MASSIVE TOXIC HERBICIDE SPRAY IN SULTAN-STARTUP AREA,WA came out December 29, 2015. It went to many people, government agencies, non-profits and press. The main goal of this letter is to increase awareness about use of toxic chemicals before the workshop on January 20, 2016.
- We are working with WFLC (Washington Forest Law Center) to find ways to stop logging next to Wallace Falls State Park that will greatly impact the Park and the Valley. Please check our website for progress of this project in Logging and Petition. Timber sales Dino and Moonbeam at the FPAs 12-2015 Summary are next to the Park (as well as legendary Singletary timber sale FPA # 89642).
- We will be glad to have a logo of your business or organization in our “Supporters” page at the website. Please let me know if you are interested.
It will help us greatly if you spread the word about SVENA and our latest news.
Thank you for helping to make Sky Valley more safe, clean, healthy, beautiful, and sustainable.
SVENA (Sky Valley Environmental & Economic Alliance)