Dear Sky Valley Residents,
SVENA stands for Skykomish Valley Environmental & Economic Alliance. Our mission is to protect an environmentally and economically sustainable future of the Skykomish River Valley. We are working towards a safer, cleaner, healthier, more beautiful and economically sustainable place to live, work and visit. You can find more information at our website svena.org.
SVENA does not affiliate with any political party but supports candidates who have similar goals and vision.
- Next toxic aerial spraying by Sierra Pacific Industries (SPI) is coming to the Gold Bar area, toxic ground spraying by DNR;
- September 20, 9 am to 5 pm in Okanogan – final public meeting with the State Parks commissioners for Long-term planning of Wallace Falls State Park (CAMP process);
- August 22, 7 pm in Everett – next meeting of Reiter Foothills Public Forum non-motorized trails at Reiter Foothills and a schedule for planning and design.
- Next toxic herbicide aerial spraying by SPI is coming soon to the Gold Bar area FPA 2816509. Some of ingredients include Glyphosate, Imazapyr, Sulphometuron Methyl, Metsulfuron Methyl. Herbicide ground spraying 2018 on public lands by DNR (Department of Natural Resources): Summary of DNR Silviculture Contracts, DNR Ground Herbicide Contract 1724 and Maps, July 16 – September 14, 1998 acres total for Northwest Region, 214 acres for Sky Valley. For exact dates, please contact DNR. Some of ingredients include Glyphosate, Imazapyr, Tryclopir, Sulphometuron Methyl, Metsulphuron Methyl.
Contacts of Interest for Upcoming Toxic Aerial and Ground Sprays:
-> Doug Sand, SPI Forester: 360-424-7619 email@example.com
-> George Emmerson, SPI President firstname.lastname@example.org
-> Mark Emmerson, SPI Chief Financial Officer email@example.com
-> Kendall Pierson, President of SPI Windows Division firstname.lastname@example.org
-> Mark Pawlicki, SPI Director of Corporate Affairs and Sustainability email@example.com
-> Tom Takach, SPI Vice President of Operations for Windows Division firstname.lastname@example.org
-> DNR Northwest Region: 360-856-3500, email@example.com
|Glyphosate Manufacturers in Germany||Glyphosate Manufacturers in the U.S.|
|Bayer CropScience (Bayer EUR 35 B), BASF (EUR 64.5 B)||Dow AgroSciences (Dow Chemical $48 B), DuPont (DowDuPond $62.5 B), Monsanto (Bayer EUR 35 B)|
* B – revenue in billions of euros (EUR) or dollars ($)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 10 firstname.lastname@example.org
SVENA contacted DNR Northwest Region and WSDOT Northwest Region and requested that they work on reduction of toxic spraying in the Skykomish River Valley.
Interesting reads and facts at SVENA 5-2018 Update.
2. On September 20, 2018 between 9 am and 5 pm, the State Parks staff will present final recommendations for Long-term planning of Wallace Falls State Park (CAMP process) to the State Parks commissioners at Okanogan PUD (1331 2nd Ave. Okanogan, WA 98840). The recommendations are a result of three public meetings with local residents and numerous stakeholders of the Skykomish River Valley. Written public comments are accepted until August 10, 2018.
3. Reiter Foothills Public Forum next meeting is August 22 at 7 pm in Everett. It is important for the non-motorized users to attend these meetings. Not only does your time count towards helping get grants but by attending you will also be able to speak up for what you want grant money spent toward. For the past 8 years, these meetings have been exclusively aimed at the ATV enthusiasts. It is time to start shifting focus toward non-motorized recreation. For more information please contact Ben Hale, Reiter Foothills Forest Recreation Manager Benjamin.Hale@dnr.wa.gov or 360-854-8451.
PLANNING AND DESIGN SCHEDULE, NON-MOTORIZED TRAILS AT REITER FOOTHILLS:
> Public Meeting #1: June 20, 2018, 5:45 – 7:45 PM – Snohomish Library (over 60 people attended, the meeting was standing room only)
> Up to two follow-up field trip dates: Dates TBD between June 27 and August 8. The field trips are to scout proposed trail alignments. The field trips will include hiking outside of the established trails and may be strenuous.
> Public Meeting #2: August 15, 2018, 5:45 – 7:45 PM – Snohomish Library
> Up to two follow-up field trip dates: Dates TBD between August 22 and October 10
> Public Meeting #3: October 17, 2018, Time TBD – Location TBD
> Final draft planned to be adopted by December 31, 2018
SVENA is working to bring a substantial value and benefit to the Skykomish Valley. Please support our efforts and visit SVENA website, become a sponsor or a member, join our Facebook Group, or simply click on a “Like” button at our Facebook page. Please spread the word, share this page with your family, friends and neighbors, let us know if you have questions / economic, public health or environmental concerns, interesting facts, photos, if you would like to add someone to the mailing list or to opt out of receiving SVENA updates.
SVENA (Skykomish Valley Environmental & Economic Alliance)